Once you have successfully won an expired domain auction and that domain has been released (or “transferred”) to your account, the first thing you should do is slap privacy protection on the domain.
There are two main reasons to do this: First, some argue that by making your domain private, it helps protect the domain from losing its PR GoDaddy email login. The theory is that Google will not know that the domain has changed hands, and re-evaluate the site’s PR or drop it altogether.
However, this theory is speculative at best, and some argue that this is not the case as well.
But regardless, the main reason you need to make the domain private is to PROTECT your blog network. You want as little information possible out there about the blogs you own in your network, and having privacy installed on all your blog network blogs is important.
Depending on the domain registrar, you can pay anything from a couple of dollars up to nine or ten dollars for this service, and you should try to pay for privacy protection as soon as possible after the domain has been transferred to you.
With GoDaddy, you will just need to navigate to the domain in your account manager, and then click the button that says “Add Privacy”. With some domain registrar’s (like Dynadot) you may be limited in the kind of privacy protection you can purchase (Dynadot only allows partial privacy), so you may want to check out a domain registrar’s policies regarding this before purchasing an expired domain from them.
If you’re just starting out on the Internet, choosing a domain name is one of the first major decisions you will have to make. I won’t say that choosing a name for your site will determine the overall success or failure of your online business. It will, however, affect almost every aspect of your business. Finding a good domain name requires extensive planning.
I would like to offer some tips for successfully choosing a domain name:
1) Use the .COM extension. This is still the number one choice for the majority of online businesses. While, .NET,.ORG,.INFO,.BIZ, and .US are viable alternatives they are not as widely recognized as .COM. The .COM extension will immediately give you and your business more credibility. Also, because we are creatures of habit many people automatically include .COM when typing in almost any web address, so why not capitalize on human nature?
2) Keep it Short. Whenever possible your domain name should not be longer than 13-15 characters, numbers, or hyphens. It is much more difficult for the average person to remember longer variations of a web address.
3) Make it Sticky. You want your domain name to be easy to remember. Make it stick out in people’s minds. Be creative. Be Unique.
4) Minimize Confusion. You should never lose a prospective customer because they misspelled your domain name, or they used the wrong extension. If you can afford it, register other variations of your domain name and have them redirect to your main site.
5) Include Keywords in Your Domain Name. Try to include at least 1 and if possible 2 keywords in your domain name. Many of the experts believe this can help with the way some of the search engines index and rank your site.
If your a network marketer who is struggling and not sure what steps you need to take to start seeing those results that you deserve and so desperately want… Then today is your lucky day! I am here to take you by the hand and show you step by step of what you need to do to start seeing incredible growth in your own network marketing or home-based business.
The first step that is crucial for success in online network marketing is to have your own domain.
When I first started online network marketing I didn’t even know what a domain was or why I needed one and you may be asking yourself the same thing?
A domain is simply your own website that people can visit. Having a domain will brand you as a leader and will increase your perceived level of professionalism. Remember, people want to follow and join leaders, so having your own unique domain will give your prospect a solid first impression which is key to growth in your own online network marketing or home-based business.